My Vimeo

Monday 12 July 2010

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (Soundtrack)

I'm more of a John Powell fan (him being my favourite composer) than a Harry Gregson-Williams fan, however, I have to say I really loved this score.

From great sweeping strings that depict the landscape of the desert perfectly, not unlike the music from The Mummy, to very ethnic percussion filled action cues. As well as the obvious romantic cues, this soundtrack has something for everyone on it, and I couldn't find a bad track on it.

Or perhaps I could. All of the 18 tracks of score are great, however, the final track is a song performed by Alanis Morissette, which I definitely wouldn't call myself a fan of. It's not the worst song in the world. But on the first few listens I didn't really like it. Maybe it'll grow on my though.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Soundtrack) is definitely worth buying for anyone who loves film music.

No comments: