My Vimeo

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Inception

A film I was very much looking forward to seeing, and which I was expecting great things from. Unfortunately usually when my expectations are so high they aren't usually met, I was even a little disappointed with The Dark Knight. Avatar and Micmacs are the only films to have exceeded my expectations. However, I can now add Inception to that list as well. And I think this is by far better than The Dark Knight, which is still an excellent film.

I don't really want to give any of the story away as I feel if you go in like I did not really knowing anything about it then you get a greater experience, because you don't know what to expect.

I can tell you though that the film is excellent in every way. It is shot beautifully and has some incredible slow motion shots in it that make The Matrix look a little dated.

Hans Zimmer's score is perfectly fitting, perfect until the end scene, but maybe that music will grow on me.

It has such a great cast in it. Leonardo DiCaprio is amazing as ever, and is joined by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy to name just a few. All the cast are great in this film and whilst Ellen Page wouldn't have been my first choice for her part, she really was great.

With a very original story written by Christopher Nolan himself, this is a must see film, that is just incredible and completely blew my mind.

No comments: