My Vimeo

Saturday 28 November 2009

Jennifer's Body

From looking at the trailer, Jennifer's Body looked like a sexy horror with some comic elements. Now I don't like to just slag off films, but as it happens, this film was shit at all of those things.

The trailer was more sexy than the actual film was. For some reason I just didn't find Megan Fox hot in this film, where as in the trailer she was smoking. Weird!

As for the horror, it really was quite awful. There were a couple of good moments but that was about it.

And the comedy only came from awkward moments, it seemed like there was a joke written in there somewhere, but that wasn't was everyone was laughing at. It was funny in a spoof kind of way, which I don't think it was trying to do. In fact, I reckon the whole movie would have worked much better if it were a spoof, because it really was a joke.

I've not seen the film Juno, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Now if this film is supposed to be from the writer of Juno, then they must have had a car accident since, because the film had horror scenes and comedy scenes that were inter cut. This worked for no one. People were just laughing at the horror and thinking, "what the?" during the comedy.

And if all wanted to see was Jennifer's Body (if you know what I mean) then it's all in the restricted trailer, and that's it.

Altogether a film I would recommend people don't watch.

Oh, and it has the worst end credits sequence I've ever seen.

No comments: