My Vimeo

Saturday 7 November 2009

The Fourth Kind

This is one of the best films ever made. Which is why I'm never going to watch it again.

I came out with my mind confused as to what to believe. I thought, I don't believe in aliens, but the evidence in this film suggests they do exist. There is stock footage (which is shown in the trailer) where I guy seems to get possessed and floats off his bed. This freaked me the hell out, and there are worse bits.

I found myself in disbelief. It's physically impossible for someone to levitate (without "magic", and there was no magic involved), and yet the evidence is there. The thought that the footage was fake never crossed my mind because of the way the film is presented, and that it says it isn't fake.

However, aliens (visiting Earth) and levitation are two things I don't believe in. And human levitation is something science doesn't believe in. Plus if there were really aliens that were visiting Earth, I would have thought NASA would have discovered them.

But then I read this (spoiler warnings) and it all became clear to me, and suddenly I was no longer afraid or confused. I'm still probably never going to watch the film again, but that's because it will just remind me how I felt before I discovered the truth.

I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone before I read the article above, but now I suggest everyone sees it. It's the best film I've seen since the beginning of September. This film actually blew my mind.

No comments: