My Vimeo

Wednesday 25 November 2009

2012

I really like Roland Emmerich's films. Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 B.C. are all great films in my opinion. However, I can't say I really like 2012.

It was the story. It just didn't do it for me. The first half was just really uninteresting. The second half was much more interesting, but still wasn't amazing. The first half was just the set up, them running away from chaos, people dying and lots of CGI. The second half was more about people and choices, which made it much more interesting and I found that I actually cared.

It seemed like the destruction of everything was just too big, so therefore it just couldn't get any bigger. It was cool at first, but then it just went on, and on, and on, and was just as big as it was when it started like 90 minutes ago. Which is why I loved it when the story became about choice in the end, because we were no longer dealing with massive cities sliding into the water, instead we were dealing with one man's life, and this made it so much better.

It's a very long movie so I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless you're a CGI junkie, because the amount of good versus the amount of not so good ends in a not so good result.

No comments: