My Vimeo

Saturday 1 August 2009

San Diego Comic-Con News

As you may know Comic-Con was last weekend (23rd - 26th July), and so I've rounded up some of the interesting bits of news and written them up here. Enjoy.

Halo: Legends is a collection of seven short anime films (much like The Animatrix) made by about 5 different studios, including STUDIO 4 C which is making a two-part 30 minute film titled "Origins", which gives an overview of the 100,000 years of Halo history. For more info on the different films, click here. A DVD release is expected to be available in Spring 2010.

In other Halo news, Neill Blomkamp denies that his upcoming film, District 9, is a showcase for how he could handle a Halo film, and confirms that he is no longer involved. "The rumours are completely wrong... The answer is, I probably wouldn't do it if it was offered to me. But creatively, I would like to do it. It's kind of like I'd be sad to not work on it, but I would still say no." Elaborating he stated "I worked on it for five months... I put a lot of sort of sweat and blood into it. Creatively it's very compelling. I love it. But, when you work that long on something and you have it bottom out and collapse... I mean, I got out of it, I think I'm probably better off because it's more a personal film. But yeah, I love the world of Halo. I don't think I would go back there."

To watch the panel talk with Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp about how the Halo movie became District 9 click here.

Wil Wheaton joins the cast of The Guild for season 3 which premieres on August 25th across the Microsoft Network (Xbox, MSN and Zune). All of season 1 is available to watch on YouTube, and season 2 episodes are being uploaded on a weekly basis. I will be using my Wednesday post to post episodes here. Also you can check out Felicia Day's blog where she has posted a few pictures and a video interview with herself, just click here.

Dark Horse will be releasing a one-shot Dr Horrible comic book featuring an all knew story, which will be released in November.

Watch a video interview (below) with Joss Whedon as he talks about Dollhouse, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dr Horrible and more.



Battlestar Galactica: The Plan will not be the last Battlestar Galactica movie, according to Edward James Olmos. Battlestar Galactica: The Plan is set to come to DVD on 27 October 2009.

If you're a Heroes fan you can watch the entire panel video here.

The Prisoner is a 6 part series starring Sir Ian McKellan and James Caviezel. It will air in the UK on ITV1 in the winter. It has to have the longest trailer I've ever seen, but it is also one of the best.

On 21st August the trailer for James Cameron's first feature film since Titanic in 1997, called Avatar will be released. As will the trailer for the Avatar: The Game.

Here is a little none comic-con new, Ridley Scott is to direct a prequel film to Alien. For more info, click here.

No comments: