My Vimeo

Saturday 29 August 2009

Watchmen (Score)

If you're a fan of Tyler Bates then you'll probably like this too as it is in his usual style. However, I got this after watching the film and really liking the score in it. If you're after the songs then you want the soundtrack CD not the score CD.

However, after listening to the score away from the film I didn't really think that it work that well and other than the opening cue "Rescue Mission" I found the rest of it pretty average.

The theatrical cut of the film is a massive 162 minutes long, however the score CD is only 45 minutes long. As a result you can imagine that a lot of the score is missing from the CD. Unfortunately for me the music I really liked in the film isn't on the score CD.

Not Bates' best score by far, there is a little too much minimalistic/ambient stuff for my tastes.

No comments: