My Vimeo

Saturday 15 August 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra

Now until I saw this film I knew nothing about who or what G.I. Joe was. Apparently it was the American version of Action Man. But it's not. G.I. Joe is way way cooler and instead of being just one person, it is a team of elite soldiers with some super cool gear.

I actually don't really know how to describe this film other than it was awesome. It kept me thoroughly entertained throughout and was literally action scene after action scene. But it didn't bombard you with pointless action scenes like James Bond: Quantum Of Solace (which was just confusing) it had a pretty simple plot that was easy to follow. Basically bad guys want to destroy the world, good guys have to stop them. Although it also was filled with lots of little plot twists to keep the story interesting.

One major fault with the story though was that the President of the United States Of America was played by Jonathan Pryce who is British, and talks with British accent. Now this would not be allowed as the President of the USA has to be born in America. Although this was the only major problem I had with the film. Otherwise it was great.

The technology of the guns, etc. was amazing and if they don't make a game of this film I will be surprised as it would be awesome to shoot one of those things, or to have a go in an accelerator suit.

I'm not sure this film is for everyone, but if you're a guy, then it's definitely for you. I'd love to see a sequel and I'm pretty certain there will be one because there is a whole subplot which basically sets up a sequel, and as long as Stephen Sommers returns, I'm in.

No comments: