My Vimeo

Wednesday 29 July 2009

The Transporter

Whilst watching this I realised that I've never seen a film written by Luc Besson that didn't have a car chase in it. Oh no wait. There is one I've watched, Arthur And The Invisibles. But otherwise, The Fifth Element, Taxi, Taxi 2, The Transporter, all have car chases in them. As a result, I've come to the conclusion that Luc Besson must love car chases.

I don't think the chases in this film though are as good as the ones in the Taxi films or The Fifth Element, but they're not bad though.

With Jason Statham in the film you can kind of tell what sort of film it's going to be. However, this definitely isn't his best performance. His American accent is pretty bad and keeps fading in and out. He probably would have been better sticking with his regular accent.

His fight scenes however are excellent. Not quite as good as Jackie Chan, but definitely coming close. Some very well choreographed stuff, with a bit of humour too.

The fight scenes are the best bits probably and the story isn't as good as Besson's other stuff. It seems a bit 2 dimensional. I've only seen the film twice, and the second time I found it a little boring.

6/10

No comments: