My Vimeo

Saturday 11 July 2009

Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

It seems hollywood is just churning out the 3D movies lately, and most of the seem to be animated. Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs is one of them. If you're new to the Ice Age films then it helps if you've at least seen Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. And ideally you want to have seen the first Ice Age as well, otherwise you might not get the character of Scratte.

I didn't think this was the best film of the three, because I kind of tired of the character Ellie. But then perhaps I like this film less also because I'm older now and probably out grown these kind of films, because there wasn't really a lot in it to please adults. It is definitely a kids movie.

Saying that, the film was still very good. In the previous films I found the character of Scratte a bit boring, however, in this film he was the best character and had the best story. I also loved the aeroplane noises that came with the flying dinosaurs.

As for the 3D, I'm neither a big fan, or a disliker of 3D. Some films it works, others it doesn't. I'm not sold on it yet. In this film the 3D definitely made the film look nicer. I've only seen 3 movies in 3D, this being the 3rd, and whilst I'm glad I saw it in 3D, I didn't exactly find it mind blowing. But then it could just be me, as the litte kids sat in the row in front of me were practically standing on their chairs trying to touch film.

Unless your a kid, or taking your kids to see this film the I wouldn't worry too much if you don't catch this one.

No comments: