My Vimeo

Saturday 5 June 2010

Robin Hood

Everyone knows the story of Robin Hood, but this film is basically a prequel to the normal Robin Hood story. I really enjoyed it and thought it was very good. My only major problem with it was the all of the cast were just too old.

People back then didn't live very long so it seems strange that Robin Hood would be peaking in at 46. The cast of Saving Private Ryan were younger and at a better age than this cast. However, if you look past this factor then the film is very good.

It's filmed amazingly and there is some great camera work in it which I really enjoyed. The music was great and even the end credits were amazing.

One thing I did find interesting though was that the end battle scene was basically the Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe version of the opening battle scene in Steven Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks. Not that that's a bad thing as it was still pretty cool. So if you like Saving Private Ryan then I'm sure you'll like Robin Hood.

No comments: