My Vimeo

Saturday 3 April 2010

Shutter Island

At 138 minutes I was sceptical about going to see this film, because from the trailer it looked good, but it looked like it could have a lot of slow moments. But I'm glad I did go and see it. I didn't get bored once and the film held my attention throughout it's entirety.

I did guess the ending from watching the trailer, however, it didn't spoil the film for me because whilst the twist is kind of predictable, it's not predictable in the usual sense and there is an extra twist underneath the main twist, making it very clever.

It has some quite surreal moments throughout which I find are rare in mainstream films, but which I loved, and found really added to the freaky factor of the film, and some of it is very freaky. Watch it!

No comments: