My Vimeo

Saturday 10 April 2010

Kick-Ass

In many ways this film was Kick-Ass, Nicholas Cage I particularly liked in it, as in his last few films his acting has been quite poor. However, in this film he was very good.

The film is mostly aimed at teens, but I suspect adults would enjoy it too, as it kind of appeals to everyone, in a similar way to Spider-Man, only this film definitely isn't aimed at little kids, as it's quite graphic and does contain the c word, which some people may find offensive.

The film is excellently made and can't really be faulted in that regard, however, for me the story lacked a little something. I'm not sure what, but since I watched Avatar and Micmacs, both films which I consider to have the magic ingredient, I seem to compare everything to them. For me Kick-Ass isn't on the same level, although it is still a very good film, and as far as comic book films go, I did enjoy it more than a number of other mainstream adaptations.

I'd recommend it. Although not really for a mature audience. But that is just my opinion.

No comments: