My Vimeo

Saturday 19 December 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

Technically this film is amazing and is really well made. However, I didn't find the story or the characters all the great.

Obviously the film is based on a book which many people will be fans of, and if you're one of them then you'll probably love the film because you'll love the story and characters.

However, for me, it just didn't do it. When the film took a slight dark twist towards the end I really started to like it, but then it went good again and it lost me again.

I found the film too moral, it's about a rebellious kid who runs away and stumbles upon this place with the strange creatures on it. The kid becomes great friends with the creatures until one of the creatures goes out of control in the same way that he was out of control. He then sees his behaviour from his mums point of view and so becomes a good little boy.

Probably one for the kids, but the story was too flat for it to offer me anything.

No comments: