My Vimeo

Wednesday 16 December 2009

A Serious Man

To put it simply, I didn't like this film. But then I'm not a fan of the Coen brothers. The only other full film of theirs that I've seen is Burn After Reading which I didn't like. Other than that I've only seen clips from some of their other films (e.g. No Country For Old Men) and not really liked what I've seen.

But A Serious Man is just very strange, I thought I understood what was going on through most of it, and then it just went really weird and I was suddenly majorly confused and didn't know what the hell was going on. It wasn't weird, Lynch weird, it was just weird, weird weird.

And I was actually in denial when the credits came up because I thought it was some kind of weird thing where they have the credits halfway through the film. Turned out it wasn't and that it actually was the end of the film.

Overall I just didn't get it or like it in any way, shape or form.

No comments: