My Vimeo

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Normally I don't watch B-Movies or horror movies, but I bought this one because of the music, which is composed by Bear McCreary, of whom I am a massive fan. I came into the story not knowing anything, as I haven't not seen the first Wrong Turn.

However, that didn't matter as the story is pretty simple to follow. It's your average teen horror when it comes down to the basics. But unlike films such as Cabin Fever it actually does a good job of telling it.

It's not what I'd call a scary horror, more of a light horror. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the film maintains a sense of humour about itself. In terms of the horror elements I found the emphasis on the gore and not the frights. I also thought it was shot very well.

This film definitely sets a new standard for B-Movies and even some cinema released films (A-Movies) as this was a lot better than horrors such as Hostel: Part 1, Hostel: Part 2 and Teeth. Definitely worth watching if horror is your thing.

7/10

No comments: