My Vimeo

Saturday 20 June 2009

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

I'm not a major Transformers fan, but I am a major Michael Bay fan. I loved the first movie and even bought the prequel comic. The other movie tie in comics/books are on my "to buy" list, as I'd quite like to know what happens in the two years between this film and the first.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen has a very different tone to the first movie. For a start all the transformers talk a lot more, and not just the autobots, we see the decepticons talking and planing too. But don't let this make you think this isn't an action film, because it is.

There are also a lot more new characters in terms of the autobots an decepticons. I did find some of the transformers a little annoying, either because of the way they talked or the way they behaved. However, I was able to look past this.

Overall the film has more comedy in it than the first, and a lot of it was very funny. However, I think it possibly needed less comedy, as it seemed even during the serious action scenes when lives were in danger that there was some kind of joke going on. This kind of made the film a little more of a comedy that I thought it should have been, as in my eyes Transformers is an action film with comedy, not a comedy with action.

I didn't think the music in this film was as good as it was in the first film either. There were a few new themes, but none of them really came close to the epicness of the original themes from the first film.

The visual effects were incredible. I think however, that the visual effects in the first film are marginally better.

Overall this is a great film. However, I didn't find it quite as good as the first film. Still a definite watch for any Michael Bay fan. The amount of times he references his own films in this one will make you laugh. What a legend.

No comments: