My Vimeo

Saturday 7 February 2009

Burn After Reading (Soundtrack)


Whilst I wasn't that keen on the film itself, when it comes to the soundtrack it is a whole other story.

I really like the soundtrack to this film and whilst it is rather short, lasting only 35 minutes, it is definitely worth the money. There are some really great themes throughout the soundtrack that are very dark and powerful. They're not exactly epic in scale, but then they don't need to be because they were composed for the film to build tension.

But they aren't just strings gradually getting louder like some tension building music. The soundtrack is full of fully fledged out themes that are orchestrated really well too. In fact I've found myself humming the themes on numerous occasions. My favourite cues have to be "A Higher Patriotism", "Linda Looks For Love (Part 1)" and "Night Running".

The soundtrack is a little repetitive, which is probably why it is so short, but then I didn't really mind, because I loved the themes so much that I just kept wanting to hear them again and again anyway.

No comments: