My Vimeo

Saturday 28 February 2009

Heroes Webseries Catch Up

Since Heroes: Volume 4: Fugitives started on Monday I thought I'd take this moment to catch up on the latest Heroes websieres.

The first one is Heroes: The Recruit which is a five part webseries and follows on from the Heroes graphic novel Stuck In The Mud, which was released after the episode titled Dual (which was the last episode in Volume 3: Villains).
Here is the promo:



The second is Heroes: Hard Knox which is a four part webseries, which was released between Volume 3: Villains and Volume 4: Fugitives.
Here is the first webisode, Part 1: Choices:



When these webseries first started I was really into them because I thought that they would tie into the show and would simply provide avid fans like myself a little more info and story to enjoy. However, it seems to me that each webseries ends on a massive cliffhanger, and none of them have yet crossed over into the show itself (I'm am excluding Heroes: Hard Knox from this review as it is actually just a set of deleted scenes from the show). Whilst I'm not too bothered that they haven't crossed into the main show, I am a little bothered that they all end on a cliff hanger. It feels like we are getting fed all these cool characters and stories and then simply getting cut off from them.

If NBC are to continue with these webseries spin-offs then I hope that we will get some closure on these stories, whether it is in the show itself, in more webseries or in the graphic novels.

No comments: