My Vimeo

Saturday 31 October 2009

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (Score)

Steve Jablonsky's score to Transformers was in my opinion one of the best of 2007. However, his score to Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen isn't really in the same league.

I really wanted the score to be even better than the first, but unfortunately I didn't find it so. It's definitely not a bad score and is a pretty good listen. However, compared to the score for the first film, it is pretty average.

Some of the same themes are back, but they're either exactly the same, or less than they were. I was expecting epic new themes and the old themes to be bigger and better. Instead on first listen I was utterly disappointed. But perhaps this score is more of a grower, because I don't think it's quite as bad as when I first heard it. Although it will never grow past the original.

No comments: