My Vimeo

Saturday 10 October 2009

Angels & Demons (Soundtrack)

The DaVinci Code had a pretty awesome soundtrack, however for Angels & Demons Hans Zimmer pretty much started again. A few of the original themes are still there, but the majority is brand new stuff. And that's what we like.

"160 BPM" is my favourite of all the cues but the entire soundtrack is made up of great cues. The soundtrack almost reminds me of John Powell's Bourne scores. However, crossed with the sound of The DaVinci Code it takes it to another level.

The opening of "God Particle" is the cue used in the trailer and just sounds even better in the film. The rest of the cue is okay, but after such a strong opening it makes the rest of it sound a bit weak.

I found all the tracks have parts I love. And if you loved the soundtrack for The DaVinici Code or are any sort of a Hans Zimmer fan then you simply must buy this.

No comments: