My Vimeo

Saturday 6 March 2010

Micmacs

Micmacs A Tire-Larigot, as the films full french title is, is quite hard to translate into english, which I guess would be why it has simply been shortened to Micmacs. However, it seems to mean something along the lines of "carry on as much as you like". Although I got this off a forum, since the actual phrase is in french slang, so google translator can't handle it. That said, the what seem like posters for the film that appear throughout the film, make more sense now.

If you've seen any other film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (who is my favourite director), and loved it, then you are going to love this too. There has only been one film that has exceeded my expectations and that was Avatar. Now Micmacs can be added to that list. I think I cried about four times throughout the film, not because it was sad, as it is actually very funny, but because the film was everything that I wanted, and more. They were tears of pure happiness.

I went in knowing nothing about the storyline of the film, and this is what I would recommend to you. Simply go and see it. An absolute must.

No comments: