My Vimeo

Saturday 18 April 2009

Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Soundtrack)

I must admit I was slightly disappointed when I saw the track listing for this soundtrack as it included six tracks that were on Rest Stop: Dead Ahead (Soundtrack). However, the reason for this was because Bear McCreary wasn't very happy with the label that released the soundtrack for Rest Stop: Dead Ahead, so decided to include his favourites on this soundtrack released by LaLaLand Records. For the purpose of this review I am only going to review the tracks from Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (tracks 1-14).

Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Soundtrack) is definitely an improvement on Rest Stop: Dead Ahead (Soundtrack). Bear McCreary has taken the same style he created for Rest Stop: Dead Ahead and improved it for the sequel. I found that with the first soundtrack Nicole's theme cropped up a few too many times for my liking and so I quickly grew tired of her theme. However, that definitely doesn't happen here and there are a number of different themes throughout this soundtrack.

Overall the soundtrack has a much more rock like feel to it then the first soundtrack. The first half of the soundtrack is really good and makes for quite an enjoyable listen. My favourite cues have to be, "Cleansing The Sinner", "Jesus, He Forgives You Too" and "On The Bus". I could listen to these again and again. The second half of the soundtrack, whilst still very good, I didn't find quite as enjoyable.

Nevertheless, this is still a great soundtrack and a must have for any fan of Rest Stop: Dead Ahead (Soundtrack), Bear McCreary or horror scores in general.

No comments: