My Vimeo

Saturday 21 March 2009

The International


After I saw Run Lola Run I really wanted to check out the rest of Tom Tykwer's films. The International is the only other one I've managed to check out, so I can't really compare this film to any of his previous ones. Although I have recently bought Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer which I'm hoping to watch soon.

The International, however, is not what I thought it would be. Or perhaps I should say it's not as interesting as I thought it would be. Story wise it does what the trailer says, it is about a bank that is killing people and Clive Owen is trying to stop them.

Unfortunately though is just seems to be lacking something, a better pace perhaps, I'm not entirely sure. Either way if I had the chance to go and see it for the first time again, then I'd give it a miss. It's not that it is a terrible film, but there are definitely better ones out there, such as Run Lola Run.

No comments: