My Vimeo

Saturday 11 October 2008

Sanctuary


It would seem that American and UK television networks have been working more cooperatively recently, with shows such as Heroes arriving in the UK only a few weeks after their American broadcast. Sanctuary seems to be one of those.

Sanctuary started life off as a webseries, but now it has been picked up by an American network. I didn't actually know much about Sanctuary before last month so I never actually watched all the webisodes (I believe there were quite a few of them). Instead of being a continuation of the webseries they seem to have started a fresh. A definite positive for new fans but possibly not such a good move from the point of view of old fans.

I've seen the first four webisodes of which the two hour pilot episodes (all though ITV4 only showed one this week, part two is obviously next week) are basically a re-write of. But old fans should not be worried, they won't just be watching repeats of the webseries as the TV version will be taking a different root.

I was quite surprised that the TV version of Sanctuary had the same cast as the webseries. But when I watched the webseries and realised Amanda Tapping was in it I wasn't surprised. Although I was surprised that she was in a webseries to begin with.

The TV version is still shot mostly with green/blue screens although the special effects look much better in the TV version than the webseries, obviously due to the higher budget.

The show looks great so far and it definitely has a lot of great potential. If you haven't already checked it out then it is definitely worth doing.

No comments: