My Vimeo

Sunday 18 May 2008

10,000 BC

Independace Day and The Day After Tomorrow, two great movies by director Roland Emmerich. Sadly I don't think 10,000 BC is as good as either film. But hey I guess you can't have all successful films, not even if you're Stephen Spielberg.

Saying that though 10,000 BC isn't the worst film in the world and whilst it did have rather a strange opening and first half which I sat through thinking, "Hmm... is this a good film or a bad film... I'm not sure yet." The difficulty I found was telling the different people apart during the first half, because they all looked the same. This kind of put me off a bit since it meant I didn't recognise the main character very easily. Getting the bad out of the way there was one scene in the jungle which I didn't like simply because I couldn't see what was going on.

But now onto the good. The second half was much better and had a much different look to it aswell. I thought it was much more exciting and this is where I really got into the film. Whilst I was watching it though I did find it reminded me of the film Stargate (which it turns out Roland directed as well so I guess that ain't a coinsidence), but Stargate was a pretty awesome film so I thought that can't be bad.

Whilst you might think to yourself, "Why did I bother to watch this film?" I say give it a chance since you might actually grow to like. I know I did. Plus all the films that I've seen of his have been pretty dam good: Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla and The Day After Tomorrow; so I say take a leap of faith and give 10,000 BC a go.

No comments: